24-Hour Crisis Line
Help is available 24/7
Our feelings, actions, choices and how we cope with stress and connect with others has a lasting impact on our mental well-being.
At The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD, we believe that open and honest communication can lead to improved coping skills, safer outcomes and better overall well-being for everyone.
The Harris Center’s 24-hour Mental Health Crisis Line is dedicated to providing support for individuals experiencing a behavioral health need or crisis. This Crisis Line offers:
- Support through a dedicated phone and text line
- A caring, listening ear
- Open and honest communication, even about difficult subjects
- Coping techniques to stay safe
- Collaborative problem solving for appropriate situations
- Connections with our clinics for routine support
- Follow-up support for continued care
The Harris Center answers incoming regional calls from the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, serving approximately 40 counties across the State of Texas. Answering approximately 130,000 calls annually, The Harris Center's Crisis Line also provides support for:
- Brazos Valley MHMR
- Burke Center
- Gulf Coast Center
- North Texas Behavioral Health Authority
- Spindletop Center and more
The Harris Center's Crisis Line is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the American Association of Suicidology.